A Chatbot Intent represents a group of conversational queries that bot can understand. Each intent have single or multi-step conversational responses.
By default, the bot is created with intents to handle common use cases. These intents handle queries such as greeting, gratitude, agent request etc. and have a default reply that is provided to quickstart.
Following are the predefined intents and a few examples of queries that particular intent can handle:
- greeting: hi, hello, good morning, whats up
- goodbye: thank you, bye, that was helpful, thanks!
- agent-handover: i need to talk to a human, can someone help me?, transfer me to a support agent
- swearing: this is bullshit, i didn't order this shit
- other: i love reading books, tell me a joke
Note: The other intent is basically any query which is out of the scope of a particular bot
You can add custom intents to the chatbot. These can be domain specific utterances that you want your chatbot to handle. Each intent requires a minimum of 10 example sentences for our Machine Learning to understand the language and lexical elements the intent should have.
How to add intents?
- Click on the +Intent button
- Here you can add statements individually or in bulk which correspond to the intent being added. These statements can removed, modified and new statements can be added later as well
- Once enough examples (we recommend minimum of 10 examples) have been added for the intent, you can save the bot and click on the Train button to retrain the bot with newly added intents
- Repeat the above steps to add more intents to your bot
- For Machine Learning to discern intents try to add intents which are distinct in nature
- Intents which are very closely related will result in confusion in detecting them properly