A Chatbot Action represents a group of conversational queries that bot can understand. Each action can have a conversational responses.
By default, the bot is created with actions to handle common use cases. These action handle queries such as greeting, gratitude, agent request etc. and have a default reply that is provided to quickstart.
Following are the predefined actions and a few examples of queries that particular action can handle:
- greeting: hi, hello, good morning, whats up
- agent-handover: i need to talk to a human, can someone help me?, transfer me to a support agent
- other: i love reading books, tell me a joke
Note: The other action is basically any query which is out of the scope of a particular bot
You can add custom actions to the chatbot. These can be domain specific that you want your chatbot to handle.
How to add actions?
- Click on the +Action button
- Give it a meaningful name and a description to tell what the action is supposed to do and the type of requests it handles Example:
- Action: Order Status
- Description: Handle customer inquiries related to their order. A customer can ask yo track the shipment and finding out the delivery date.
- Repeat the above steps to add more actions to your bot
- For AI to discern actions try to add actions which are distinct in nature
- Actions which are very closely related will result in confusion in detecting them properly